Thursday 31 May 2018

Research African Goddess

RESEARCH AFRICAN TRIBAL GODDESS
The reason why I have chosen to use tribal African goddesses as a name or as a symbol for my music is because I believe that African culture It’s not represented enough especially in the western world. I believe that people of colour that live in Europe and America  are not taught enough of their own history, and they don’t fully understand their true identity or their true history and where they come from.
For many decades we have been taught that we are nothing but slaves we were nothing but servants, but if we look back in our own history we were kings and queens. We had palaces, knowledgeable facts about the world and universe that even the Greeks, ancient Dynasties and countries were so hypnotised and fantasised about our culture.
So have use these names as a symbol to represent that we are all kings and queens, especially people that do not know the identity and history.
I am going to break down and explain the reason why i have used these names for my songs.
YEMALLA or YAMAYA
The goddess of the sea and the moon she is the mother and provider of wealth.She controls and sustains life on earth as well as control the Earth, she is loving, generous, nurturing and giving. Like the ocean don’t be fooled when she’s angry she can’t be implacable. She is the mother who gives love but doesn’t give her power away. She is also the collective and owner of subconscious and ancient wisdom,, because she holds the wisdom and secrets of the hidden and sea. She is known to be used in fertility rituals for women. Come from the Yoruba tribe and afro-Caribbean myths. I have use this Name for the element wind, Because I believe it has a bit of a connection with the  wind element. I did struggle to find a tribal goddess which Element was based on wind or has factors that are related to the wind element. So I decided to use this name because it’s such a beautiful name

ODUA
The black goddess of the Earth
She is another mother figure with the skin that is deepest darkest ebony. She looks after women and children and gives love and life. She is not soft and she can become a war goddess if need be. She is the sister of the supreme sky God Olorun, and together they create the Earth and sky bond. She has the connection of the essence of love and life. Her daughter is your YEMAYA.

MORIMI
The goddess of Bush burning African fire God
This goddess is known to as the queen of burning countrysides. She is meant use her flames  for the use and perpetration the new planting. She summons flames when needs be.
The reason why I chose this goddess it’s because it relates to the fire element I have chosen, there’s not a lot written about this goddess but I thought I’ll make it a bit more interesting and mysterious. As I’ve written in the personality description of the fire element she is mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment