Thursday 20 October 2016

TASK2: INDUCTION GIG & EVALUATION

TASK 2:INDUCTION GIG & EVALUATION

I believe that our induction  Gig was a great performance, because we had a lot of confidence, good team work and good interaction with the audience. I believe the overall product we gave to the audience was good because the audience seemed to enjoy it, by singing along and applauding us with a lot of energy. I believe the good team work and how we interacted and gave signals while preforming, was a good technique that benefited us to succeed and perform our piece well. I reckon that all the songs, were performed practically well, but the best highlights of the show was the good  harmonization by the singers in the songs  P.Y.T (pretty young thing) By Michael Jackson, and Come together by The Beatles.  I also believe one of the best highlights of the show was when Kai (guitarist) did his amazing solo performance in Come together.  There were some parts of the performance where the timing was little off, or we started too fast and played when we were not meant to, but overall we always found a solution to the problem and carried on performing well for the rest of the show.

I think as a group we performed exceptionally well even though at times we had technical difficulties or we were a little out of time, I still think this was a good first performance. The things that could be improved is that a few people in some groups were not as prepared as others which  did affect the group in the real performance. I believe my preparation as a guitarist was perfect because everyday after college I would take a few hours of my time, and practice the piece I needed to learn. I assume my performance was not as good as the one in rehearsals because I allowed my anxiety to over power me in the beginning of the piece. One thing I believe I should do is to come out of my comfort zone and try new things like singing or playing another instrument.



No comments:

Post a Comment