Thursday 13 October 2016

TASK4: DECADES PROJECT



DECADES PROJECT

My first song  'Just wanna be free'  I used the song 'one love'  by Bob Marely, to define the structure of my piece (chorus, verse, chorus). I also used Erykah Badu music as an inspiration, to make my song sound unique by using different drum machines and synthesizers. The Billie Jean (Michael Jackson) song had a repetitive chord progression throughout the song so I decided to use my bass as the repeated riff for my piece. In my song the instruments that I used were the Liverpool base, piano and the rest were mostly drum machine and synths. The tools I used were the quantizer, velocity tool, metre, scissors, eraser, fade, mute, and looping. The BPM (beats per minute) of my song is 70, and the time signature is 4/4. I would say that my song is part of the R&B genre, because I used the same BPM of a typical R&B song. I decided to create metaphoric lyrics for my song because I wanted my listeners to be curious of what I am talking about and to make it more interesting.

My second song  'Autumn'  I used a snare to make a unique drum beat as like the songs 'Apple tree' and 'on and on' by Erykah Badu have. For the repetitive riff I used the piano throughout the piece to make it more catchy, just like the Billie Jean song. I used the chords D Major, A major, and E major  from 'come together' ( The Beatles)  because they are very common chords that are used in music.I also made my lyrics metaphoric just like the come together lyrics to make my song more unique and fun to listen to. My song is part of the R&B genre because its BPM is 80. I used the same instruments and drum machine as my first song. I also used the same tool except for fade because I wanted to have a dramatic and unexpected ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment