Wednesday 19 April 2017

Gig Evaluation

 First Gig
The first practice gig occurred on the 31st January in The 139 room. My band (soulfoul trigger) was the first to perform. We only performed one song which was our original called ( Need that kind of love). The pros of our performance is that the vocal harmonies where on point in the beginning of the song, and the Bass, drums and piano where on point. The cons where that our synth player (samarth) was out of time throughout the piece, Kessana was too quiet when she sang, I sounded to strain when I sang, and we didn't show any sign that we either excitement or enjoyment to the audience. Band 2 where  entertaining to watch, one of their songs where (One dance by drake) which was  the only issue I had with their performance was some of the singers where out of tune other than that it was a great performance. 


Actual Gig
The gig occurred on the 14th April at 6:30, The first performance was done by Sugar puff fairy band and the songs they performed where wicked game, one dance and never forget. Overall their performance was extremely good, my favourite song out of 3 is one dance because they where able to make it their own which sounded unique. The last performance was my band (soulful trigger) we did have a few technical difficulties and the mini brief was out of tune but we still carried on with the performance. overall our performance was decent it could have been better. The pros and cons of our performance as a band is that we did have more communication then our previous practice gig and we seemed more alive and energetic on stage. The negative side of our performance is that samarth was not able to hear himself out of tune on the mini brief (synth) and also out of time with the rest of the band,vocally I wasn't as good as the previous performance because I allowed my nerves to overpower my performance. I think overall our concert was the best out of all the other concerts we have done.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment